Who We Are
God has placed Calvary Baptist Church in Charlotte, Michigan to fulfill His purpose of reaching the lost and edifying the believers. There have been many people who have accepted Christ as their Savior and have grown in their faith through the ministry of the church here.
Calvary Baptist Church had its start in 1922, as the result of the vision of John Zuiderhook. He started this church as the Gospel Tabernacle and it was located on Harris Avenue. The church had several pastors during the next couple of decades.
In the early fifties, Pastor Richard Hill led the church to organize itself as the Harris Avenue Baptist Church. In 1961 George Dagley became the pastor of the church and led the church in the building of a new facility. The present property was bought and the church became organized in 1964 as Calvary Baptist Church. The present building was completed in 1965 and was added onto in 1974.
We exist to glorify God by making disciples who know God genuinely, worship God supremely, and serve others selflessly.
Our goal is to fulfill the Great Commission given to us (Matthew 28:19-20) by reaching the lost with the Gospel and helping others follow Jesus better. We desire to impact the world starting from where we are, and we seek to accomplish this by seeing churches of like faith planted and by supporting mission efforts around the world.